Thursday, June 2, 2011

Comments

Apparently, I cant Comment on my own blog........

I thought Commenting must have just been down yesterday, cuz I couldn't post any comments here. Anyways, I wanted to weigh on the questions of the Pro Nutters and their undying loyalty to the FO and Nuthouse. First, here are some comments from DVE's Facebook page after they posted "Raise the Jolly Roger":

Todd Baker i love DVE, but they are a bandwagon station in my opinion. now that the buccos are getting better, they are rooting for them. whatever

Todd Baker im a huge fan, been one since 77. the way DVE ripped on the team as during these years, and even at the beginning of this season is crazy, now they are supporting them. thats all im saying

My response to this guy: The Pirates organization has done NOTHING to earn the trust of the fans and DVE has ripped them for good causee. They are not making up an 18 going on 19 year losing streak. That is fact and so is the frugality of the ownership. If you can't see that, maybe you are the person who shoudl be questioned..........

I don't know folks, it seems some people out there are all too willing to give the FO carte blanch and that is partially why the fan base continues to be walked all over by them. I just continue to have trouble grasping just what makes people think this team is any better off than those of the past?

5 comments:

  1. You know , the thing that drives me nuts the most about this whole pro-nutter group is that there are still people in this town who think the Rooney's are cheap and the Stillers stink and underachieve if they don't win a Super Bowl every year. Heck, I've heard people rip on the Steelers after they won the Super Bowl a couple of years ago(The offese stinks, the defense choked, fire Arians, fire LeBeau, etc.). The Pens, Pitt, PSU all get ripped on when things aren't going well. It's human nature and part of sports to criticize your team when they lose. I do it, you do it, we all do it. It happens all of the time and no one is exempt from it.

    Which is why this whole "how dare you critize the Pirates" group, that appears to exist on the internet only, really seems to be out of place with your typical yinzer sports fan (or any sports fan for that matter) and causes me too question who they really are. 18 losing seasons, going on 19 and the pro-nutters wonder why we criticize them and don't trust them. It truly is baffling to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steelfan,

    I never thought of it that way. You are right. There is that one guy on Smizblog that rips Lebeau and Arians at every turn and yet supports the Pirates FO, is it Steelermark or something, I forget. That is insane behavior. Why would you rip on the winning team and give the losing team a free pass?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, sharky. My take is that dude can't be for real.... It defies logic, though the Nutters tend to defy logic & common sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, It defies logic. Just like it defies logic that the Pro-nutters would rather have the Nuttings as owners instead of the LeMieux/Burkle ownership group. Who in their right mind would choose the Nuttings over LeMieux/Burkle!!??!! That line of thinking is simple fucked up beyond all reality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had similar thoughts about the Pro-Nutters on the Smizblog and other websites. Not only do they defy logic in their unabated devotion to a flintskined ownership group, they seem to using framing, spin-control, and isolate / divide / conquer argument techniques in an overt effort to portray those who oppose the regime as the real “crazies.”

    Although I’m sure some of them are just delusionally devoted fans who have brought into the propaganda, I certainly wouldn’t put it pass this front office to be encouraging, if not demanding and orchestrating, an internet campaign to silence criticism and further fabricate and instill their choosen falsehoods into the media narrative surrounding the ballclub.

    As has been mentioned, there is no proof of such a counterintelpro styled operation being run by the BMTIB, but I don’t know anyone outside of the domains of the web who are so fiercely and unyielding devoted not to support the team, but to the people running the club and defending their integrity.

    Unfortunately, the only way to prove such a conspiracy would be if we got someone to confirm the information on their IP history and traced it back from the Postgazette websites to its origins, or if we managed to find a leaker from inside the actual front offices who had knowledge of the situation. And I’m pretty sure such an informant would be either killed off or silenced in some other manner. And I’m only half way joking when I say that.

    Pucks_and_Pols (something weird going on with blogger and comments, I had to sign on with my AIM to get this up

    ReplyDelete