Tuesday, June 7, 2011

UPDATED:SmizBlog Opposes the First Amendment

I understand, as a blog administrator, wanting to keep certain aspects of Internet warfare out of your comments section. We have said here at The Mutiny that we have a No Deletion Policy and we will stick to that within reason. To me, a post we may delete here would contain something of a threatening or potentially dangerous nature. All other bets are completely off. Cussing is fine, speaking your mind is encouraged.

I also understand that SmizBlog has different standards because of it's affiliation is with a national newspaper and you want to keep the "clear and present danger" stuff out as well as swearing and personal attacks waged against other posters. But today, Bob Smizik. or whomever the admin shall be on the SmizBlog deleted a large portion of a post I had made in rebuttal to outlandish claims that the Anti Camp was crumbling. He limited my post to the following:
           written by Nutting4Xmas, June 07, 2011 - 11:28 AM
Admitting Cole was probably the best player available qualifies as the Anti Camp crumbling? This is why Nutters have ZERO credibility in my book.

However, there was much more to my post. I actually outlined a list of facts that supported the innumerable reasons the Anti Camp exists in the first place. I commented on Opie's record, I lamented the Lying Liar's foot-in-mouth abilities, and called Nutting cheap as evidenced by the low payroll; citing all of them to be amongst  but the myriad of reasons the Antis feel like we do. I also pointed out the tax payer funded ballpark that was built on a promise of winning baseball but has not seen as much in 11 years. Lastly, I pointed out that so many of the commenters are quick to blast the Pens, Tomlin, Arians, LeBeau, and the Rooneys but kneel at the altar of Nuthouse, the FO, Opie, and the Lying Liar.

For whatever reason, SmizBlog didn't see fit for this post to remain in it's entirety for more than a few minutes. My only conclusion is that Bob Smizik is a communist and a Nuthouse sympathizer like many others out there. If SmizBlog thinks the deletion of my post will squash the insurgence, they have another think coming. I understand that is his blog and he can delete or modify whatever he wants. With that practice, though, he is impeaching the validity of the arguments being made and totally ignoring the 970,000 Square Foot Ballpark in the room.  Nuthouse and his constituents have been pulling the wool over people's eyes for far too long, but how many true backers can they have out there? They have never proven any amount of loyalty, never won a thing, never showed that they are even serious about winning.

Here is the reason Bob gave:
It was totally off topic. I'm not interested in attacks on one group or the other. This is a sports discussion site and the particularly topic was Gerrit Cole -- not antis or pros. -- Bob Smizik

I see, totally off topic. It was perfect acceptable for Dan1283 to shoot off his mouth first, for Naje (or whatever he is calling himself this time around) to take their pot shots, but when I come back at them, I get censored?!?!?!

It's burgeoning on the point of sheer redundancy, but I am just at a total loss as to why people support this ownership group.

Legal Note: I spoke to my lawyer regarding Libel as I repeatedly call Coonelly a liar on here. He informed me that you can only be accused of libel if the person you are calling a liar did not lie......................

13 comments:

  1. I saw this, & without a doubt Bob's deletions are baffling, inconsistant, & frustrating...... I've had many exchanges with him on his blog & privately.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been the victim of Smiziks deletions probably more than anyone, along with Sharky.

    To think Smizik was once a writer/reporter, who championed 1st amendment rights is amazing.

    He is inconsistent, petty, and ignorant. When I have e-mailed him, he states that he is right, and resents some of my comments.

    I love this blog so much better. I have said Smizik is a Pro-Nutter for a while. And, he also protects some of his "favorites" over there.

    Lower the Jolly Roger, indeed !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I witnessed the whole thing. Shambolic is the correct term for what is happening to smizik's blog as it pertains to the Pirates and the attitude of that blog has definitely changed ever since the famous "government investigation" post.

    Smizik tries to hold us to a standard that he can't possibly hold himself to. He calls people names, he launches personal attacks at posters from time to time and he flip-flops all over the board when it comes to the Pirates. I've had numerous posts deleted throughout the years, for no reason at all. No profanity, no personal attacks, stayed on subject, etc., and I still get deleted. And why was that personal attack by 21sthebest on Hostage (who didn't even post there today i might add) not deleted? Yeah real consistent with that deletion policy. Joseph Stalin would be proud!!

    You know what pains me the most about his deletion policy. It's the fact that we're currently at war in two (3) different countries right now. How many of our boys died in afghanistan and Iraq, this week alone, so that people like Smizik can sit in the comfort of their homes and crap all over peoples first ammendment rights. Sad, very very sad!!

    I think Bob should be sent to Helmand province for a month. I bet the 1st Marine Division could teach him some manners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I love this blog so much better. I have said Smizik is a Pro-Nutter for a while. And, he also protects some of his "favorites" over there."

    Got that right Roger!!

    Check out this personal attack by Angela.

    "written by 21sthebest, June 07, 2011 - 11:10 AM

    besides, is Hostage (or anyone else) not allowed to have an opinion?

    Of course he is. But eventually taking all sides of an opinion over time so that you can never be wrong seems a bit disingenuous"

    WTF is up with that. Hostage hardly takes all sides of an opinion just so he can be right. That's total nonsense and that post should have been deleted under their commenting guidelines. But for some unknown reason it wasn't...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me i'm getting tired of getting deleted for minor infractions while all of Dog's alter egos get a free pass. Bob must have went senile. He can't remember the headaches that guy has caused in the past.

    I can't stand that asshole Dan12345 either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm basing this totally on my recall, but wasn't a buzz kicked up among the Pro-Nutters about Stenson Allie before the Pirates made him their 2nd round selection, and how "if they take this guy, its a sign they are serious about spending money because he needs alot of $$$ thrown at him to sign?"
    I think I remember that. And now it seems the same exact same buzz leaked out about Bell last night and this morning from the Pro-Nutters, again, before the selection was made.
    Either the Pros are very savvy or its like someone is feeding them inside info...........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pucks and pols- couldn't have said it any better myself. I have ZERO doubt the PBC HAS plants on various blogs trying to "spin" conversation & opinion their way. Your post describes exactly one of their tactics. It is pathetic of them. It is also tough to prove, but i am working on it......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey guys, hope you don't mind an accused "Nutter" reading and posting over in these parts...

    Once someone posted the link for the blog today, I took the chance to read the previous posts and such. I actually like it. Of course, I read the comments sections and couldn't help but think the Pros you were bitching about probably included me. But I digress.

    Anyway, I'll let you know now that I am in no way part of the Pirates organization. I've been working in college athletics professionally for a few years now, and I guess I'm just emotionally disconnected from hardcore rhetoric on either end. While I initially jumped on you guys, I've got to admit the SmizBlog has gotten a little ridiculous. On both ends. Everyone seems to be getting nasty with the shit they say, and it's pretty upsetting.

    Anyway, hope you folks don't mind me coming around these parts, even though I did say today that Sharky says some hateful stuff over on SmizBlog. I'll at least open myself to this forum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As for the topic on hand...

    As I've said before, I HATE college pitchers. It seems like so much of their development is done on someone else's time, someone who only cares about wins or losses and not professional development. That's why I like HS pitchers, because you have more time to develop them in the formative pitching years. Cole seems like an imperfect pick, and others from this draft might outperform him. But hell, you can say that about anyone from the top 10.

    As for Bell...well, I mean, Buccs72 (on SmizBlog) was touting him for a while. I don't think it was some front office directive that people praised him and then the Pirates picked him. It's not really praiseworthy to take the guy that was tops on the board, so I'll grant that. But I mean, it's not like he was an unknown. He was highly rated by scouts, and his story well-known. I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone to identify that name as a potential significant pick.

    After all, they haven't signed him yet, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I knew of a way to send an e-mail to Bobs bosses at the P-G to expose this.

    I also believe that Lying Liar Coondoggy sent a second letter to the P-G, and maybe they told him to cool it, or become more "friendly" to Coonellys cause.

    I am also convinced that Pirates employees post on the Smizblog, I just dont have proof. :)

    Keep up the good job here guys!! I think that the Pros are out in full force because they know we are right, and they cant stand the thought of losing their heroes.........

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that Smizik's deletions have to do with three different issues:

    1) The Pirates have come down on him & the PG
    2) Editor Jerry Micco has as much nerve as a lonely church mouse
    3) It gives Smiz a sense of power.

    I'm one that doesn't really think Smizik is a Pro-Nutter because he addresses too many Anti-Nutter topics.
    However, he is obsessed with a level playing field and will let some buffoon like Dog, etc. use ID after ID.
    I'm convinced that if it wasn't for Dog.....And it wasn't for the employees, friends & family of the Nutting Regime.
    There would be about 4-5 lonely Pro-Nutters sitting on their burping themselves to sleep.
    Erp......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Sean I say some hateful stuff, but only to certain posters who have insulted me in the past. I don't particularly like the Dog and his multiple personalities. I also don't like the condescending tine of johnny Utah, Menkrick, Dan12345, and 21sthebest. As for everyone else, I treat them like they treat me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it is comical that the FO, and the media for that matter, is patting the team on the back again for taking the guy they were supposed to take.

    I mean, you take Alvarez and he hits 35-40 HR, that is what he is supposed to do. Using that same logic, I don't blame them if he doesn't produce because EVERYONE thought he would.

    That's how I approach draft picks, slotting, and such. Also, we need to see these saviors pitch at the major league level for the Bucs and have success before we start giving handies to the FO.

    ReplyDelete